RE: oil gallery plugs..

To: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: oil gallery plugs..
From: "Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:23:37 +0100
Checking the Moss UK website
(www.moss-europe.co.uk/MossUK/ProductList.aspx?SubSubCategoryID=MGB_DS00
3B1-B) they list just 4 off of core plug 2K8169, so I suspect those are
for coolant galleries; no mention of any others.

The MGOC parts list
(www.mgocspares.com/goto/dlps/pdfs/MGB_1800_GT_PARTS_Engine.pdf) lists
the same, and an alternative AEH592 which is cupped rather than dished,
but still no mention of oil gallery plugs.

So no help there then...

Still, I'd be surprised if they weren't a standard size, and I'd have
thought any decent engine shop could obtain a generic plug to fit.
Twice I have lost coolant core plugs, and both times the street corner
garage I ended up in had a plug to fit on their shelves, although I'd
understand if oil gallery plugs weren't as common.

Richard & Sammy ('73 Black Tulip BGT)

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return E-mail
and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination
of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that
E-mails are susceptible to change.

The Penspen Group shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt or damage to your system. The Penspen Group does not
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that
this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.