General question

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: General question
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:58:15 -0400
Any purists reading this might want to hit the delete button now.

For the rest of you, has anyone on the list discussed or know of a
conversion of an MGB to either an electric car or to a diesel so it
can run on vegetable oil?
There was an interesting article in the NYTimes yesterday about a
vegetable oil conversion diesel Volkswagon and I got to
thinking.  Take out the heavy engine (replace it with heavy
batteries???? :)  ) and my 76 B would weight ~1700-1800 lbs.  I would
think that would be in the ballpark for an electric conversion.

Or replace with a diesel and one of the conversion kits mentioned in
the article.

Just a thought....

Bill
'76B