Re: shoes

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shoes
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:53:24 -0700
I think they design those with power brakes in mind... I find the lack of
arch support a real problem when I have to put real force into a pedal --
for instance, many clutches, and the brakes on my other car (4-piston,
unboosted, 3400 lb car). They should spread the force over the whole sole,
not transfer it directly through to the point of contact. Otherwise you
might as well wear bedroom slippers. In the B, the contact area of the
pedals is so tiny that the effort per square inch is still pretty high.

I know I have read of at least one driving shoe that has a thin, springy
metal (titanium?) plate in the sole for this purpose, and it sounded like a
good idea to me. But Aaron was mainly concerned with ankle irritation, so
this might not be an issue for him.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149