Re: MGA Turn Signal Flasher

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Turn Signal Flasher
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:50:48 EDT
Mike, you will have to take the switch apart and oil the leather seal
inside..

Reassemble it and you should be good for years, and will be able to back
that adjusting screw back out a ways.

I was just doing the dash on my Jamaican and pulled a brand new switch off
my shelf and discovered that even with the adjuster screwed down it had hardly
any delay.  Turns out that they either didn't oil the leather from new or  it
had dried out in the intervening 50 years.

Just use a little engine oil, don't go crazy, and put it back together and
test it. Should be fine.

Bill