Re: Portland, OR area

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Portland, OR area
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 09:45:03 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu> wrote:

> He said he was having
> clutch problems which he described along the lines of slippage
> going uphill in
> third gear. It didn't sound like clutch to me but he said he was
> going to take
> it to a shop in Portland that specialized in MGs. Anyone know of
> this shop?

That sounds to me like a classic indication of a worn out
clutch disk, unless there's more to the description than
you're relating here.  As far as the Portland MG shop goes,
it might be the one run by Keith Ansell.  If that's the
one, he's in good hands.  Keith apprenticed and later
worked several years at Abingdon and knows more about
MG drivetrains than any mortal has a right to.

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com