Off Topic: Subaru spark plug wires

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Off Topic: Subaru spark plug wires
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 15:59:42 -0500
Sorry for the OT question.

I resently got a Subaru OBS '99. And I've been trying to catch up
on maintenance on the thing. It's got 74k miles and I don't think
the plugs were ever changed.

I can't get the plug wires off! I'm pulling very hard. They are
the type that have 2-3 inches of rubber going down into the head.
I think the rubber has melted a bit and are stuck in there really
good.

Any hints on getting them out? Remember as a Subaru, we have a
boxer engine, there is about 2 inches of access around the outside
of heads.

I'm about to take it into the shop. How embarrassing.

Paul.