RE: Off topic - computer question

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Off topic - computer question
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:28:09 -0400
Take a look at the Canon Pixma.  It is a nice printer, less than $100 and I
found ink on line for about $6 a cartridge.  (remaned and guaranteed - never
had a problem)  I only go through 2-4 per year.  I shopped cartridges before
I even looked at a printer.  A friend gave me a Dell printer last year and
it was great for a few months.  The original cartridges are not filled to
capacity and the replacements cost more than a new printer.  Just threw it
away.

I tried the laser for a while and was very satisfied except it was not color
and the remaned cartridge was well over $100.  Whatever type you choose,
shop the cartridges first, you'll be much better off in the long run.

Also check with Office Depot.  One of ours put a really nice comparison
sheet together of all their printers.  Gives the printer specs and cartridge
costs too.
NFI etc.
Pete