Low oil warning systems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Low oil warning systems
From: BDavis <bdavispics@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:22:23 -0700 (PDT)
Blake...
Sounds like a useful (and unobtrusive) mod to an MG!
What kind/manufacture of float did you use in your sump? Are they
easily procured? I'm sure there's several here who'd be interested in
how you set it up and all. I would be.

There's another option that might be a little more difficult to
calibrate... but... the early, large MGs, VA, SA, WA had a float in the
sump like that in the fuel tank. When a button on the dash was pressed
the Fuel level gage read Oil level.
Anyone made this kind of modification?

Cheers all, Bill.