Re: MGB patch panel

To: Allen Hess <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>,
Subject: Re: MGB patch panel
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:39:55 -0700 (PDT)
For those in the US there is a wood conditioner called 'Penetrol' made by
Flood. It comes in qt cans and can be found in the house paint section of HD
and many Mom and Pop hardware stores. It it watery when out of the can and be
brushed on or sprayed on using a garden sprayer right in through drilled holes
in the sill (just like waxoil). It deep creeps and then dries in place very
much like waxoil or linseed oil. It is a great product for MGs
  FWIW
  Carl French

Allen Hess <allenhess@mgcarclub.com> wrote:
  > Definitely use engine oil or a runny preservative in the narrow
> gaps between
> sill and cover panel, don't just spray Waxoyl over the top of the gap.

I have also been thinking of using the panel epoxy so as not to undo
any rust preventative with the heat from welding and warping along
the horizontal seam.