Re: I need to use/borrow a good bore guage]

To: Larry Colen <lrc@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: I need to use/borrow a good bore guage]
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:42:15 -0500
   Just thought I'd point out that the Plastigage comes in a range of
sizes. When you go to buy the stuff you need to have in mind what the
approximate clearance will be.  Say your rod clearance is supposed to be
.002", you buy a package of strips covering, say, .001" - .003".

   I'm with Pete on the bearing clearances.  It just depends on what the
machinist meant by a little tight.  What kind of rod bearings are you
putting in?

   Cheers,

    CR