Re: MGA Temp Guage Problem

To: "Michael LoSapio" <myklos@stny.rr.com>
Subject: Re: MGA Temp Guage Problem
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 13:57:04 -0700
Mike,

I don't want to seem to be sarcastic here, but could it just be that
your engine is hot? I have seen similar temperatures (and I think
there is a picture of something similar on Barney's website).

Have you calibrated your guage and what pressure cap are you using? A
14 lb cap will allow higher temperatures before boiling. Engine
cooling in stock MGA's seems to be marginal in hot climates at certain
speeds.

Regards,
Simon