MGA Temp Guage Problem

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Temp Guage Problem
From: "Michael LoSapio" <myklos@stny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:05:56 -0400
Hi All.

Need advice. My MGA temp guage has read extremely hot the last couple of times
out. When I say read hot I mean the needle was pointing at 100 on the oil
pressure scale. It usually runs at about 190 on the temp scale. When I stopped
and checked the it was not boiling over, no fluid was coming out of the
overflow tube, and the radiator did not seem to be excessively hot. Any ideas
as to what is going on? I have always heard that when the guage fails it
registers cold not hot. What else can it be?

Mike LoSapio
1962 MGA MkII