Re: Throttle linkage lube

To: "Max Heim" <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Throttle linkage lube
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:25:15 +0100
They should return with a solid clunk.  Mine do so to the point that I would
never open the throttle by hand fully then suddenly let it go as I could
imagine the shock doing some damage.  If it is not returning with a clunk
then something is binding.  You need to disconnect the interconnecting shaft
clamps and cable and work out which is stiff, because that is likely to be
preventing the rest of it returning.  Lubrication of exposed linkages is
always a double-edged sword - no lubrication could lead to stiffness,
lubrication attracts dust which will act as a grinding paste.

PaulH.