Re: Throttle linkage lube

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Throttle linkage lube
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 20:28:01 -0700
I've had these carbs rebushed, but that was quite a while ago, so you may
have hit on it.

Then again, today while driving the throttle was sticking at 3000 rpm (!),
which seems pretty far open for it to be the butterfly.

I just found a spare throttle return spring, so I hooked it up as a double
on the center arm, stretched a little more than the first one. In a quick
idle test it seemed to behave itself. But I was on the road all day today,
getting home at 8pm, and I'l be on the road all day tomorrow, too, so I
won't get much chance to fool with it before my 800 mile weekend rally.

Just to make it interesting...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149