Re: Losing power at high rpms...

To: <craigw@sonic.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Losing power at high rpms...
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:41:09 +0100
Like others I'd say fuel starvation.  With a pipe removed from the a carb
and directed into a container it should deliver *at least* 1 Imperial pint
per minute with negligible bubbles.  This will eliminate or identify fuel
delivery as the culprit.  A 2nd possibly is weak mixture at higher loads
from incorrect needle, and if pulling the choke eliminates the problem then
this could be it.  But if it has only just started happening and you haven't
changed anything, then it looks like fuel delivery.  If you have HSs then
also check the float bowl for debris, and the jet pipe for blockages, which
can occur from a decomposing rubber seal on the gland where it screws into
the float bowl.

PaulH.