Re: Best way to get out of overdrive on a '78 MGB?

To: "Desmond Mullen" <dkmullen@email.unc.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Best way to get out of overdrive on a '78 MGB?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 16:05:06 +0100
Both mine switch out immediately, slight delay in switching in.  Not saying
that is correct for all, but if you have one that varies from immediate to a
delay, or the delay varies, then I'd be thinking possible oilway blockage.
Some recommend a period with ATF helps blockages, also have you changed the
gearbox oil recently?  Checked and cleaned the filters?

PaulH.