Re: July/August MGB Driver Mag

To: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: July/August MGB Driver Mag
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 07:14:26 -0500
I just finished one last night. I'm going to go with it must be Sep/
Oct, since it was color and had stuff from MG2006.
I got it probably a week and a half ago.

The cover, I don't remember. Probably the Red '62 that won the
concurs. The back had 16 different wheels (none stock) that
were apparently on 'Bs at the show. Libre's are still the best. But
the second on on the second row is nice (5 spoke rolled
over).

On Oct 3, 2006, at 11:04 PM, Kevin Smith wrote:

> Would someone tell me what the July/August MGB Driver Mag looks
> like and the subject matter of one of the articles?  Also, the same
> for the Sep/Oct (if it is out).  I can't remember the last issue I
> received, but the newest one in my bookshelf is May/June 2006.  A
> description and some content info would likely help jog my memory
> as to whether or not I've read it.  It's possible that I read it,
> laid it on the end table, and my 3-year old made off with it.
>
> Other possibilities:
>
> 1. My wife is tossing them to help curb my addiction.
> 2. The renewal person at NAMGBR has my address, but the magazine
> sender doesn't.
> 3. Someone at the Post Office has sticky fingers.
> 4. The kitchen table with one short leg mysteriously quit wobbling
> the day it arrived.
>
> I've had problems in the past getting it, and I'm really beginning
> to think that someone at the Post Office is a Triumph fan and is
> trying to keep the competition down.  I do find it hard to believe
> though, that they would commit a federal offense on a small black &
> white magazine, no matter how informative it is, but it's the only
> viable reason because my 3-year old only uses her coloring books,
> my wife is supportive of my hobby, the NAMGBR folks are the acme of
> organization, and the kitchen table still wobbles.
>
> Thanks for any info any of you can give me.
> Kevin Smith

Paul Root
ptroot@iaces.com