Re: fuel leak near right rear wheel...

To: "Desmond Mullen" <dkmullen@email.unc.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel leak near right rear wheel...
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:04:40 -0000
The electrics end of the fuel pump is in the boot, but the petrol end is on
the other side of that panel, which isn't all that far from the position on
chrome bumper cars - albeit higher and further back.  I'm pretty sure there
is a flex pipe on both sides of the pump on both cars, so the leak could be
where the rigid pipe from the tank joins that.  Mind you, the leak could be
anywhere from the tank to the pump, just dripping off the lowest point of
the run.  You won't know for sure what is leaking and what to do about it
until you get underneath and investigate ...