Re: Our cottage industries

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Our cottage industries
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 12:05:11 -0600
At 01:01 PM 11/10/2006 -0500, Barrie Robinson wrote:
>I know I am not the only one who messes about supplying bits for
>Brit cars.  I know Ian Pender sold gas struts and Doug Jackson sells
>oil pressure failure warning things.  My idea is to set up a web
>site listing all these goodies.  I know I cannot afford to advertise
>and I am sure others are in the same boat but we do have useful
>stuff.  So are there any more "cottage industry" people interested?

Now there's a noble cause if ever there was one.  I know there is an
Autojumble e-mail list on the team.net server, but it only has a few
hundred subscribers (and I'm not one of them).  A web site can also
be found with a search engine where e-mail lists may not be in the
public domain (without registering).  One moderate web site with a
number of small vendors may be a better attraction on the net than
several small independent web sites (a sort of synergy).  It's easier
to make a single bookmark, and maybe nice to find a nuber of related
products in one place.  I don't have anything to vend, but I think
it's a good idea anyway.

$.02,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude