Re: MGB Overdrive Transmission ?

To: Paul Osborne <paul@ece.rochester.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Overdrive Transmission ?
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:21:39 -0800 (PST)
http://www.mgexperience.net/phorum/read.php?1,481919,482898#msg-482898

  It is a start. Also check the reverse light switch and the operation of the
solenoid.
  Good luck. I was a winner in the blind install of a parts car OD last year
(sort of). It worked fine oother than the stuck brake light switch.
  Carl French

Paul Osborne <paul@ece.rochester.edu> wrote:
  Hello, I have not posted to this list allot but it has been a very
informative. I purchased an OD trans for a good $ at at an estate
sale along with the engine. A 18 GH engine that has just had a full
rebuild and not installed and a LH type OD transmission still very
dirty and looks like it was ready to be cleaned up , mated to the
engine and installed in the 1970 B that was sold the day before.
Anyway, my concern is how can I tell the condition of the OD trans
with out installing it and hope that it is ok? the trans it self
looks to be ok. I have rebilt 2 of them before, and the inside of
this one looks very good. Other than the few chips on the reverse
gear , all the syncros and gears look good.
Who on the list knows about the OD units? Thanks for the help.