Re: U-joints

To: "Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com>, "Monte/Jane Morris"
Subject: Re: U-joints
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:09:25 -0000
Not heard of those before.  I assume one would need two at each end (plus
one on the slider) rather than one, unless you can force grease from one of
them into the spider, and from the spider into the other two (or three)
bearings.  Unless there is a tortuous internal passage in the yoke to keep
the nipple as close to the centre line as possible it is bound to introduce
some imbalance, more if there are two at each end.

PaulH.