Re: UK drivers - petition to change Historic Car Tax

To: "Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com>
Subject: Re: UK drivers - petition to change Historic Car Tax
From: palte@gmx.net
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:09:40 +0100
> As I'm sure most UK members are aware, historic cars are exempt from
> paying road tax. This used to be for all cars older than 25 years, but
> one of the first things the Labour govt. did when it came in (clearly a
> priority, above sorting out education, health, housing etc. etc.) was to
> freeze the exemption <snip>

Similar arrangements exist in Holland (>25y) and Sweden (>30y).

With a new center-left government being formed here in Holland,
I fear a similar (or more probably, worse) move over here.

After all, those owning classic cars are most of the time, at last over here,
in the higher income brackets.

You have my sympathy!