re current drain

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re current drain
From: "Bill Cole" <wmcolesr@wowway.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:33:33 -0600
I haven't folowed all of this thread, but I have the same problem (dead
batteries after long storage).
My solution is to pull the bottom fuse in the fuse box (1980 BLe), and all is
well.  If you are curious about the drain, a multimeter set to amps function
and connected across the clips for the fuze, after removal, will measure the
parasitic drain killing your battery.  Don't remember exactly what mine was
but it calculated enough to drain an 80 amper-hour battery in about a month.
I used to charge via cigarette lighter, but that fuse must be in to do so, so
now i simply connect the plus lead of the charger  to the end of the
fuseholder that goes to the battery, neg. to ground, and charge for 24 hours.
Once or twice a winter saves the batteries nicely.
Good Luck,
Bill Cole