Re: Information

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, "Valda and Merl Rosenthal"
Subject: Re: Information
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:42:37 -0000
Never had a problem with my V8, just packed the pump with Vaseline as
recommended and it delivered oil within a few turns.  the V8 is even better
because you can remove the distributor and put a drill on the end of the
pump shaft so don't even have to spin the engine with its 'dry' bearings.

A common problem with the MGB is getting the pump or strainer gasket the
wrong way round.

PaulH.