Re: Victoria British Euro Crystal Clear Headlights

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Victoria British Euro Crystal Clear Headlights
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:01:03 -0800
Oh, you were probably experiencing the phenomenon I call the "Lucas Cone of
Darkness". I have been observing this frequently on these dark winter
evenings.

I am driving on a suburban road, without street lights, but with a fair
amount of traffic going in my direction. Suddenly I notice that the road
ahead is brightly lit, EXCEPT for a narrow cone directly in front of the MG,
which, in contrast, is drowned in inky shadows. I check to see that the
headlight switch is on. It is. Then it dawns on me that what I am looking at
is the shadow cast by my MG in the glare of the megawatt argon beams of the
luxo SUV behind me, which the sealed beam halogens are vainly striving to
illuminate (at least for the purpose of seeing with my now-pinpoint-sized
irises).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149