List up, 'new' MGB

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: List up, 'new' MGB
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 06:15:37 -0800 (PST)
Hello Friends,

Nice to learn that the List is back up.

Before it went down, I posted a short note saying
hello and that I was considering the purchase of
(read: going to buy) a 1970 split-bumper MGB.  I have
since bought that car.  Here is a short synopsis of
the car, now that I have gotten to study it in more
detail.

The car is a 1970 split-bumper Tourer in pretty nice
condition - by 37-year-old standards.  It was the
subject of a cosmetic restoration, now a few years
old, and the car is still somewhat presentable.  The
paint is nice, with a few chips and dings, and
attention to detail is missing.  Its a 10-footer.

http://www.aubard.us/MGB/As_found_008.jpg

(BTW, I'm talking about the "B", not the "Nancy".)

The car has a little body filler around the tail light
area, on one side, at least.  Under the bumper line,
front and rear, the attention to detail was completely
missing.  The body will be a project but its an
acceptable starting place.  I've resurrected worse...

The engine is NOT correct.  It is an 18GB engine from
1965, by my best detective work.  Engine number plate
is missing but it had AUD135 carb tags ('65-'66), an
inertial starter w/o integral solenoid ('62-'67?) and
riveted on "MG" and "Patents" plates on the valve
cover ('62-'65).  And although these characteristics
are all bolt-on units, they imply 1965 is a best-guess
at the engine's vintage.

Okay, the note isn't too short.  It is nice to have
the list back up.  Thanks to the admin folks.

rick
'03 L-R Disco II
'98 M-B SL500
'96 BMW 740iL