Re: [MGS] MGA Heel & Toe

To: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [MGS] MGA Heel & Toe
From: James F Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:01:44 -0400
Shoes are adjusted right near the top (1957 MGA) and the pedal is firm.
I adjusted most of the free play out with the push rod.  I lowered the
gas pedal by putting in a larger stop and reset the cable.  I'm close to
having everything where it is supposed to be, I think, but there is no
question that the stock pedal stop raises the gas pedal way too high,
even with the brake pedal at rest. They are essentially at equal heights
when at rest. That may be where the stock MGA is supposed to be.
Looking at the mechanics of it, I can't see how the stock configuration
could be any different.