Re: [MGS] Connecting a Trickle Charger

To: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [MGS] Connecting a Trickle Charger
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 22:42:45 +0200
This happens everywhere.
I have had to replace the battery of my wife's car a few weeks ago (it's a
GM derivate) now it is 8 years and 5 months. The battery went flat at the
time she did not use the car during my winter holidays as she always used my
VW. Normally one or two weeks waiting should not be a problem for a
battery - at least not during the mild temperatures we have had in the past
winter.
Another experience: my previous car Audi A6 ran 343,000 kilometers when I
sadly had to say goodbye to it (devide by 1.6 to convert into miles) and
still had it's first battery. It had been driven everyday from August 2000
till April 1st last year, so the battery was used all time.
My wife's car did not drive even one third of the total distance and is 2
years older.

Daily use is best for a battery's lifetime is my experience.

Cheers,

Hans

71 BGT