[Mgs] 1972 MG Midget wiring question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] 1972 MG Midget wiring question
From: Rabeys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 20:51:16 EDT
Can't seem to get my signals to work.  The hazard switch works and all  the
lights blink, but when I try left and right, nothing.  I checked every  ground
I can think of and cleaned the connections.  I just changed the  relay and it
worked for a short time, but only  the right signal.  The  right would blink,
but it seemed slow.  The left didn't blink at all  initially, but the lights
came on and stayed on.  Every so often it would  blink, about once every 10
seconds or something weird like that.  Now  neither works.  I'm at a loss.  I'm
not sure if its related, but the  washer switch isnt working either.  The
signal switch is pretty new and all  connections look great.  I even tried a
different switch from my parts  car.  Everything worked except the turn signals
again.  Seems to  coincidental.  I'm sure its something simple.  Any  ideas?