Re: [Mgs] wobble

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] wobble
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 06:12:48 -1200
As others have mentioned, brake rotor warpage is the first
thing that comes to mind. It was the first thing that came
to mind when our '78 MGB developed an odd front end
behavior. Trueing the rotors did not fix it...

Turns out the rubber pads between the crossmember and body
had perished. Tightening the cross member to body bolts
didn't help as they are shouldered bolts (threw me off for a
while as I thought that connection was thus tight).

I replaced the pads (with polyurethane pads) and all became
well again.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

> Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:46:03 -0400
> From: "1971-red-mgb" <1971mgb@cox.net>
> Subject: [Mgs] wobble
> To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>

> I've experienced an phenomenal that's new to me on my 71
> MGB and that is every time I apply the brake my front
> starts to wobble, the wobble is transferred from the front
> all the way up the steering wheel which has a site to site
> vibration, when I let off the brakes all seems normal.  I
> had the wheel balanced two days ago and al is well with
> that,. any thoughts of where I should start looking ?
Login from home, work, school.  Anywhere!