Re: [Mgs] MGB Cruising Speed.

To: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB Cruising Speed.
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:20:36 +0100
As far as the engine goes I regularly cruise my standard engine at 80, and
have often been higher than that.  If your engine has been balanced I'd
expect to be able to cruise higher than that with no problems, the problem
is that once an engine has been modified things do change, not always for
the better.  I regularly read of fears that these cars are going to break,
they are stronger than many think.

As for handling it all depends on the road and traffic conditions at the
time, and that can only be your call.  On a motorway the handling far
outdoes the performance, unless you have to take violent avoiding action
when faced with an unexpected incident.  A narrow, twisty lane with traffic
travelling in both directions is a different issue.  That's what driving is
about - making value judgements taking into account all the variables at the
time, not simply pointing it and being oblivious as to what is going on
around you (as all too many people do these days).

PaulH.