Re: [Mgs] Gasket sealants

To: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Gasket sealants
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:07:59 +0100
I'm a believer in old-fashioned, Hermetite Red that never actually
completely sets.  I find that with all the silicone types they skin if not
start to harden before you can get a decent layer on both sides of the
gasket and the items reassembled.  I've recently some carbs attached with
some blue silicone stuff and it had oozed inside in great gobbets and must
have restricted the air flow by about 10%

PaulH.