Re: [Mgs] Overdrive oil

To: <mark.jones@exxonmobil.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Overdrive oil
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:49:08 -0700
Mark:

Thank you for the succinct response. I was trying to compose something
similar and gave up.

Much of the arguing about what oil to use is based on the misconception
that 90W gear oil has a lot higher viscosity than say 20/50 engine oil
and will jam up the gubbins of the transmission. It won't.

There are a lot of variances for each type of lubricant, but the
differences are more subtle than most people understand.

Kelvin Dodd

has a