Re: [Mgs] Weber carb info

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Weber carb info
From: "James Nazarian" <james.nazarian@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 02:36:51 -0400
Not sure if this goes for the DGVs, but the DCOEs fitted to MGs often had
the wrong choke tubes in them so they wouldn't run right until you swapped
them out.  The DCOEs share just a few bodies, but use interchangeable choke
tubes and jets to adjust the carburetor to different engine sizes.  There
are a couple of books that are all about tuning and operating Weber carbs.
Haynes, HP Books, and Speedpro each publish one.  One of them had tables in
it for jet and choke sizes as well as other setup information for just about
any application you could ever bolt the carbs to.  Many of the drivability
problems associated with Weber carbs stem from the carb not being setup for
the engine it is bolted to.  If the car ever ran well with this carb, I'd
start with cleaning it.  If it never ran right, I'd track those specs down
and make sure the carb is setup for the right engine.  Unfortunately I don't
remember which book had the info.  I think it was the Haynes, but I'm not
sure.

Hope that helps,
James Nazarian

?> I ran across a '77 MGB today that has a Weber downdraft carb
?fitted. I
?> am totally unfamiliar with this animal. Can someone direct me to a
?> site that has information on it?
tox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/mgs