Re: [Mgs] Weber carb info

To: Larry Daniels <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Weber carb info
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:59:41 -0500
The problem is air flow. The air has to:
1. come in the air cleaner
2. make a 90 degree turn down
3. go through the carb, pick up fuel
4. make a 90 degree turn forward and back
5, make another 90 degree turn toward the engine.
6. enter the head and through the valves.

Compared to an SU, with stock air cleaners:

1. Come into the air cleaner.
2. curve through a 90 degree turn into the carb.
3. go through the carb, pick up fuel
4. Go in the head and through the valves.

Also, 1.5 in is 38mm.

Get your car on a dyno, and see.

I'll bet, at best, you'll get the same, making all else equal.