[Mgs] Bumper Guard Conundrum

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Bumper Guard Conundrum
From: "James Kleemeyer" <jkk@adams.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:40:58 -0500
Oh ye wise ones-

I've got a problem I hope somebody can shed a little light on for me. I have a
74 B with the Sabrina stumps that I want to convert over to the earlier style
bumper guards (with the rubber buffers on them). I want to use bumper guards
on the rear without the license plate lamps on them so I can use the original
lamps in their original position on the plate holder so I could change back if
I ever wanted to.

Okay, so I now have six bumper guards but don't have a matching set of four. I
have three guards that measure 1 5/8" from the lower edge to the buffer, same
at the top. I have three guards that measure 2 1/2" from the lower edge to the
buffer and 2" from the top edge to the buffer, two have the license lamp
holes. If I buy a new guard, which one am I going to get? Or does anyone have
a "small" guard they aren't using? Maybe trade for the "big" ones? I'm
planning on having the bumpers and guards rechromed, so the condition of the
chrome isn't a big concern, but I'd sure like to have a matching set of four.

Jim