[Mgs] Fuel device identification?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Fuel device identification?
From: "Keith G." <kger@plex.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 08:50:59 -0400
I was messing around under the hood of my '79 B last evening and
found an unrelated problem:  With just the fuel pressure of having
the ignition turned on for a few moments I found a minor fuel leak.

The leak is coming from an object just past the fuel filter.  It's a
small gray cannister thingy, with some kind of spring-loaded push-
button-like contraption on top.  The fuel goes into one side of the
cannister and out the other.  (Interestingly, I noticed the word
"INLET" under the what is currently the outlet side.)  It's held in
place by a ring on the shelf of the firewall -- not tightly, but just
snugly enough that it can be inserted into and removed from the ring
by hand.

What is this device?  I need to to know what to call this thing in
order to buy a new one.  A look-over of the Haynes manual's diagrams
did not help,  but maybe I missed it.

--
Keith G.
1979 B