Re: [Mgs] Stuck disk brake caliper

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Stuck disk brake caliper
From: "Mark A. O'Neil" <mark.a.oneil@Dartmouth.EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:14:48 -0400
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:05:39 -0400
> From: joseph cianciotti <jmc987@verizon.net>
> Subject: [Mgs] Stuck disk brake caliper
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
>
> Wondering if I pushing it back in would get it "un-stuck" or do I
> have to have it rebuilt? Thanks in advance for your always sage
> advice.
>
> Joseph
> 67 MGB Roadster

Hi Joseph,

My recent experience was that the caliper was fine, but that the hose
was bad - brake locked up fine, but stayed that way since the hose
would not allow bleed back to the master.

Not saying a rebuild isn't a good idea in your case, just that in my
case a bit of caliper grease and a new hose solved the problem.

-m