Re: [Mgs] MGB O/D Driveshafts

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Paul Osborne" <paul@ece.rochester.edu>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB O/D Driveshafts
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:51:50 +0100
It's nowhere near as complicated as the previous poster implied (for both
the prop-shaft and anything else).  Although some people do opt for a
complete gearbox, OD and prop-shaft swap others don't.  Originally the banjo
non-OD prop-shaft was 30" and the OD 31.125".  The Salisbury non-OD was also
31.125" (and the same part number as the banjo OD) and the OD 32", but only
on MkI cars.  MKII cars to the end of production with the all-synchro
gearbox all used the 31.125" propshaft regardless of whether they had OD
(LH-type), again the same part number as the banjo OD and the MkI tube
non-OD.

PaulH.