Re: [Mgs] New Question (Appropriate Language)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] New Question (Appropriate Language)
From: Wilkmanracing@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:26:56 EDT
There is a difference between having a conversation with a known friend and
talking to a group.  While a friend might not be offended by foul language,
any number of people in a group may be very offended.  I don't, as a rule,  use
foul language, but I'm especially careful to chose my words with care when
addressing a classroom, meeting, or other group assembly.  An  internet list is
essentially the same as a group assembly and I believe we  should be careful
about how we express ourselves when addressing this  group.

Bill Wilkman