Re: [Mgs] Poly Bushings in MGB upper trunnion

To: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>, "Paul Root" <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Poly Bushings in MGB upper trunnion
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 22:42:28 -0600
I would suspect wrong bushings or bolt. The poly bushings do not use the
sleeve and the bolt should be a snug fit. I have changed two pairs of
front shocks to the poly bushings. It's a snug but not overly tight fit
but it also makes for a much easier removal of the bolt at a later time
- whereas it's a bear with the old rubber bushings. As I recall, the
diameter of the hole in the poly bushings is a bit smaller than the
a-arm bushings but otherwise they look similar.

I may have some extras in the garage that I could measure if I get a
chance tomorrow.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B