Re: [Mgs] BGT problems

To: <RampantNM@aol.com>, <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] BGT problems
From: "Valda and Merl Rosenthal" <mvrose@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:52:35 -0700
Robert,

I have an electronic fan on my 1980 MGB that I have installed this spring.
Sounds like you are getting some good advice and here is some additional
information.  My instructions directed me to install the probe 3-4 inches
from the top radiator hose.  I also run a 190 degree thermostat.  I live on
the desert in Washington state and run the car in 100 degree + temperature
and have never experienced a heating problem.  I hear the same noise you do
when shutting down my engine but it is the sound of the fan winding down.
Are you sure yours is starting up?  If so recheck your wiring line up.  In
addition, it is very easy to reverse the air flow of the fan by switching
the wires.

Merl Rosenthal  1980 MGB