Re: [Mgs] Trademark infringement?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Trademark infringement?
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:27:21 -0800
I was kidding, of course, about litigation. When a slogan has not been used
in the US for 27 years (at least), I would imagine it is not enforceable. On
the other hand, if it were, the mere substitution of a few punctuation marks
would not have been a defense. Trademarks are interpreted fairly broadly
when it comes to directly competing products in the same market (cars vs.
cars, or PCs vs. PCs), as anyone who has tried to butt heads with the likes
of Microsoft or Apple can tell you.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149