Re: [Mgs] MGC rear axle

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGC rear axle
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:33:56 -0800
In 8 minutes you managed to confuse the heck out of me.

The MGC rear axle design as some other nice people have mentioned is the
same type as the MGB.

The brake assemblies and hubs are unique to the MGC as is the pinion
flange. The MGC uses wider brake drums and the hubs are set up for 5
mounting bolts rather than 4. The pinion flange matches the heavier duty
drive shaft which uses the bigger U joints (typically found on TR3-6
etc).

If you strip the brakes, hubs and pinion flange the remaining axle
assembly is interchangable between the MGB and MGC.