Re: [Mgs] MGC rear axle

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGC rear axle
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:04:16 -0800
I would definitely install a 3.70 MGC rear end into a supercharged MGB
if I had one, but with the 175/80 tires I'm running on my car I don't
think I would go with anything higher. The standard 3.90 is a bit low
for the available torque and I have gotten into the habit of starting
from stop signs in second.

When I get some time, I'll put an OD in the B, which will cut down the
cruising noise a bit. The daily commute is 80+ mph so the OD will cut
down engine noise a bit.

When I ran a V6 with 4 speed many years ago I used a 3.30 MGC rear end
with tall 14" (195/80) tires and it was still too low a gearing. The
3.07 would have been much better.

Kelvin Dodd