Re: [Mgs] Needed - crankshaft for '52 MGTD MK II

To: "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>, <Mowog1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Needed - crankshaft for '52 MGTD MK II
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:40:30 -0800
Bob's comments about the original crank and the Moss crank are accurate,
except that the forged crank blanks are made in Sheffield England to our
specifications, not in the orient.

The blanks are then ground and heat treated by a very well known company
in Los Angeles.

They are expensive, but as Bob pointed out much stronger than original.

Kelvin Dodd
Global Sourcing Engineer,  Moss Motors, Ltd.
www.mossmotors.com
440 Rutherford Street
Goleta, CA 93117
Phone : 805.679.7023