Re: [Mgs] [MG-MGB] Piston Dish

To: MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [MG-MGB] Piston Dish
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:30:22 EST
In a message dated 29/12/2007 3:15:56 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ladaniels@sbcglobal.net writes:

I'm  considering what my options are for getting a little more pep out of the
motor  -- including bringing the CR up to probably 9:1.  I don't want to do
anything irreversible to it and am wondering if it's feasible to shave my
spare MGB head to get there or if I really need new pistons with a smaller
dish
along with a smaller skim.

Shaving that much off the head is a lousy way to do it and screws your  valve
geometry.

Find an MGA head and a set of pistons and get it bored.  Or find a 3  main
MGB engine and build it - you can put the rear engine plate from the 1622  you
have on it and bolt it in.

Bill