Re: [Mgs] "B" speedometer light bulbs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] "B" speedometer light bulbs
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:47:40 EST
In a message dated 1/10/2008 4:49:47 AM Mountain Standard Time,
1971mgb@cox.net writes:

I'm  doing a speedometer cable replacement on my 71 "B" and thought that  this
would be a perfect time to replace the anemic light bulb in the  speedometer
with a more modern bulb , any suggestions, any draw  backs?

No personal experience, but severy folks on the spridget list say just
cleaning the speedo resulted in better light.  Radio shack had some 7.5  volt
bulbs
that would fit, and were much brighter, but they did not last long at  12
volts.

LBCar Co. advertises some replacement bulbs, halogen I think? but they are
quite pricey.

I've been looking at the FLAPS and see blue LED bulbs for the rice racers
and such and have wondered if I could add one or more of these to each
instrument.  I wouldn't mind the blue color as it would match the display  on
my
modern radio.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston

74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual  Skinners Union
carburetors in his vintage MG, highly functional yet  pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching for  experienced
hands,
the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging to be  inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter seven of the Haynes shop  manual.