Re: [Mgs] MG Cruise Control

Subject: Re: [Mgs] MG Cruise Control
From: "Pat Harris - \"sammler\"" <sammler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:03:56 -0500
My 1958 Fiat Millecento (1100) had the throttle control which could be
"locked into position".

MG content follows:

The Millecento was what I used to trade in for my new OEW 1962 MGA 1600
MKII.  After signing the contract at the dealer's showroom  I went
outside, hopped in the Fiat to leave, and ooops, the Italian cousin of
Prince Lucas, obviously miffed by my actions, displayed the family trait
often mentioned by members of the MGS group.  Duke Marelli would not
allow the starter to work.  I put it in neutral, coasted around the
corner, out of sight of the folks in the showroom and my friends got out
of the car and gave me a good push to get it going.  The next week I had
my new car and in the next two weeks one of my "pushers" purchased a red
MKII and the other purchased a Midget from the same dealer.  end of MG
content    ;-)