Re: [Mgs] Brake lights kaput ....again

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Brake lights kaput ....again
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 09:59:31 -0000
Interestingly I found this http://www.sw-em.com/swemkits.htm which
recommends an upgrade to the mechanically operated switch for the 122 and
1800S and includes the statement "... when this switch fails, and they do,
especially if you don't stomp the brakes every time, or have converted to
silicon fluid which seems incompatible with the O.E. switches ...".  So not
only does it repeat something I first read some years ago for the MGB but
which I thought had been debunked and replaced by the 'poor quality' cause,
but failure occurs on Volvos anyway.

Also this
http://www.ipdusa.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=989&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

which repeats the 'common failure' statement but has pictures of the switch,
which do look similar, it would be all down to the thread type and size.

PaulH.